DeWitt County, Illinois Sheriff’s Office
The DeWitt County Sheriff’s Office Merit Commission is accepting applications for the position of Deputy Sheriff with the DeWitt County Sheriff’s Office.
Population of DeWitt County: 16,434 (405 sq. miles)
Starting Salary: $44,167 -OR-
Previous Certified Starting Salary: $47,758
Benefits Include: Paid vacation, holiday, sick leave, medical is also available with pay, life insurance and excellent pension plan.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the DeWitt County Merit Commission:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Valid driver's license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age at time of testing;
- Pay a $40.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Attend a mandatory State of Illinois Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) Test and written test administration on Saturday, March 23, 2019. For more information about the POWER test, visit http://www.ptb.illinois.gov/media/1320/power.pdf
- NOTE: The POWER Test and written exam testing requirements MAY be waived for Certified Illinois Law Enforcement Officers. A copy of a Law Enforcement Certificate is required at time of application.
Documents Required for Application Submission:
- Copy of valid driver's license;
- Copy of social security card;
- Copy of birth certificate;
- Copy of High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent (If unable to provide a diploma or transcripts, obtain a letter of certification from the school);
- If applicant has military experience, a copy of Form DD-214 is required.
Submission of Application:
- Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, March 8, 2019 @ 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants: As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
The DeWitt County, Illinois Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.