Kendall County, Illinois Sheriff’s Office
The Kendall County Sheriff Merit Commission is accepting applications for the position of Deputy Sheriff-Corrections with the Kendall County Sheriff's Office.
Salary: $51,722 (as of 12/01/19)
Population of Kendall County: 126,218 (323 sq. miles); County seat: Yorkville
Total Sworn Deputy Sheriffs (Corrections): 47
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Kendall County Sheriff Merit Commission:
- Must be a citizen of the United States, or an alien admitted for permanent residence of the United States;
- No felony convictions (This includes no criminal conviction for domestic violence, nor any misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude (as defined under 50 ILCS 705/6.1), or a dishonorable discharge from military service (or US Army RE-4 separation or equivalent);
- Valid State-issued driver's license and a safe driving record;
- Minimum of 21 years of age at time of hire;
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Eye sight correctable to 20/20; free of color-blindness;
- Residency within 25 miles of the Kendall County Public Safety Center within 1 year of hire date;
- Attend a mandatory orientation and written examination testing session on Saturday, June 15, 2019;
- Pass a written examination, oral interview, psychological evaluation, medical testing, drug screening, and background investigation, which includes a polygraph;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Documents Required for Application Submission:
- Copy of valid driver's license;
- Copy of birth certificate;
- Copy of High school diploma or GED equivalent (If unable to provide a diploma, obtain a letter of certification from the school);
- If applicant has military experience, a copy of Form DD-214 is required;
- If applicant has current or previous correctional officer experience, a copy of your state certification is required.
Preference Points will be awarded for the following:
Education: Persons who have successfully obtained an Associate's Degree -OR- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university. Copy of unofficial transcripts must be submitted at time of application to qualify.
Experience: Persons who have participated in the Kendall County Sheriff's Office Police Explorer or Auxiliary Deputy program.
Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged -OR- who are now, or may hereafter be on inactive or reserve duty in such military or naval service.. A copy of Military Form DD-214 or equivalent proof of current military service must be submitted at time of application to qualify.
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by Thursday, June 6, 2019 @ 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants: As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
Kendall County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kendall County considers applicants equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, pregnancy, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital or veteran status or disability, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, and discipline. Kendall County is committed to complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If an applicant requires a reasonable accommodation for purposes of completing the job application process, please contact the HR Manager of the Kendall County Sheriff’s Office.