East Dundee Fire Protection District
East Dundee, Illinois
The East Dundee, Illinois Fire Protection District is accepting applications for the position of firefighter/paramedic.
Salary: $58,293 to $74,277 with an excellent benefits packageFire District Population: 7,500Sworn Personnel: 6 career and 20 part-time
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the East Dundee Fire Protection District:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- Valid state-issued driver's license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age and not older than 35 years of age by the application deadline date (June 25, 2019), unless the candidate has previous experience as a full-time firefighter in the state of Illinois, or is a veteran that qualifies under Illinois Public Act 97-0251;
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess a valid Paramedic License (EMT-P) issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) (at time of hire);
- Certification by the State Fire Marshall's office as a Basic Operations Firefighter (Firefighter II) (at time of application);
- Provide a valid CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test Card) with Ladder Climb (at time of hire);
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Preference Points will be awarded as determined by the East Dundee Fire Protection District for the following:
- Work Experience: (Maximum 5 points)
- Per [70 ILCS 705/16.06b(h)(5)]: A.) Maximum points will be awarded for those candidates that have been employed by the East Dundee Fire District as a part-time firefighter/paramedic/emt-b for at least one year; -OR- B.) Applicants from outside the District who were employed as full-time firefighters or firefighter-paramedics for at least two (2) years at another fire protection district or municipality may be awarded from zero (0) to five (5) points at a rate of up to one (1) point for each year of successful service. No experience preference points will be awarded to applicants for service with a private employer who had a contract for fire or ambulance service with a fire protection district or municipality.
- Education: (Maximum 5 points)
- Per [70 ILCS 705/16.06b(h)(3)]: A.) Associates degree in related field (2.5 pts.); -OR- B.) Bachelors or higher degree in related field (5 pts.). Transcript(s) (official or unofficial) -OR- copy of diploma must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Military Experience: (5 points).
- Per [70 ILCS 705/16.06b(h)(1)]: Awarded to applicants who have served a minimum of 1 year of active duty for U.S. military service members with an Honorable Discharge. DD-214 (long form) must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Paramedic License: (5 points)
- Candidates who at the time of application have obtained an Illinois IDPH EMT-P license or National Registry EMT-P license shall receive 5 preference points. A copy of your license must be submitted with application to qualify.
Submission of Application:
Applications submitted online by Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at 4:00 PM (CST) will be accepted. Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following. Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process.
Saturday, July 13, 2019 - Check-in starts at 8:00 a.m.Location: East Dundee Fire Protection District401 Dundee AvenueEast Dundee, IL 60118 The East Dundee Fire Protection District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.