South Beloit Fire Department
South Beloit, Illinois
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the City of South Beloit, Illinois is accepting applications for the purpose of creating a firefighter/paramedic eligibility list for hiring.
Salary: $38,477 (starting salary) to $52,032 (after 5 years)
Number Sworn Full-Time Personnel: 4Number Part-Time Personnel: 18 and 1 Part-Time Fire InspectorPopulation: 8,000
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the City of South Beloit Board of Fire and Police Commission:
- U.S. citizenship;
- Minimum of 20 years of age -AND- under 35 years of age at time of application, except as provided in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- No felony convictions;
- Possess a valid driver's license with good driving record;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Valid CPAT card with Ladder Climb certification issued within 12 months of the date of job appointment;
- Must have a maximum uncorrected visual acuity of 20/200 that is correctable to at least 20/40 AND be free from color-blindness;
- Possess a valid EMT-B license issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) at time of hire;
- Must meet other criteria as established by the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Preference points will be awarded as determined by the City of South Beloit Board of Fire and Police Commission for the following:
- Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged. A copy of Form DD-214 (indicating status of discharge) must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Education: Persons possessing an Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical or Fire Services -OR- a Bachelor's Degree in any subject. A copy of your transcripts or diploma must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Paramedic: Persons who have obtained certification as an Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic (EMT-P). A copy of your state EMT-P license must be submitted with application to qualify.
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following:
Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process. NOTE: PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL SPAM FOLDER AS SOMETIMES EMAIL PROVIDERS (SUCH AS GMAIL, YAHOO, ETC.) SEND OUR EMAILS DIRECTLY TO SPAM.
Saturday, February 29, 2020 - Starts promptly at 9 AMCheck-in begins at 8 AMLocation: South Beloit High School245 Prairie Hill RoadSouth Beloit, IL 61080 Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit the required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, the following documents must be submitted with your application and received prior to the deadline:
By order of The South Beloit Board of Fire and Police Commission, The City of South Beloit and The South Beloit Fire Department are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Copy of valid driver's license;
- Copy of birth certificate;
- Copy of social security card;
- Copy of high school diploma (or transcripts) -OR- G.E.D. equivalency;
- Copy of DD-214 indicating discharge status for military personnel;
- Copy of college transcripts or diploma (if applicable).