The Village of Rockton, Illinois Board of Police and Fire Commissioners is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Rockton Police Department.
Starting Salary: $51,336-$77,908 as of 6/1/20
Sworn Police Officers: 15
Population: 7,685 (2010 census)
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Rockton, Illinois Board of Police and Fire Commissioners:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions (Note: a misdemeanor or serious traffic offense may also disqualify applicants from further consideration);
- Possess a valid state-issued driver's license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age -AND- UNDER 35 years of age by the written exam date (July 24, 2021) unless otherwise exempt from such age limitations as provided in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6 of the Fire and Police Commissioner's Act;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Must successfully pass a written examination;
- Must successfully complete an oral interview and background investigation (applicants will be required to fully disclose all personal matters, to include agreements and sealed files);
- Must successfully complete a psychological evaluation, polygraph examination, and medical screening (including drug and alcohol screening);
- Must successfully pass physical agility test (Illinois P.O.W.E.R. Test) at time of academy.
- Submit all application documents online by Monday, July 12, 2021 @ 4:00 PM CST;
- Attend a mandatory orientation and written test on the morning of Saturday, July 24, 2021.
Department Tattoo and Body Art Policy:
- Tattoos: While on-duty or representing the Department in any official capacity, every reasonable effort should be made to conceal tattoos or other body art. At no time while on-duty or representing the Department in any official capacity, shall any offensive tattoo or body art be visible. Examples of offensive tattoos would include, but not be limited to, those which depict racial, sexual, discriminatory, gang related or obscene language.
- Body Piercing: Body piercing or alteration to any area of the body visible in any authorized uniform or attire that is a deviation from normal anatomical features and which is not medically required is prohibited except with prior authorization of the Chief of Police. Such body alteration includes, but is not limited to: a) Tongue splitting or bifurcation. (b) The complete or transdermal implantation of any material other than hair replacement. (c) Abnormal shaping of the ears, eyes, nose or teeth. (d) Branding or scarification.
Preference points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Rockton for the following:
Education: Possess an Associate's Degree in the field of criminal justice or related field from an accredited community or junior college - OR - a Bachelor's Degree or higher in any field from an accredited college or university. A copy of the diploma and/or official transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify.
Military: Persons who were engaged in active military or naval service of the United States for at least one year and were honorably discharged. A copy of Form DD-214 (indicating status of discharge) must be submitted with application to qualify.
Current Illinois Law Enforcement Officers: Persons awarded a certificate attesting to the successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course as provided in the Illinois Police Training Act. A copy of your certificate must be submitted with application to qualify.
Submission of Application
- Applications MUST be submitted online by Monday, July 12, 2021 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
Copies of the following documents MUST be included with your application:
- Valid driver's license
- Social Security card
- Birth certificate
- High school diploma (or transcripts) or G.E.D. equivalent
- College transcripts or diploma
- Military Form DD-214 (if applicable)
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following:
Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Test: Saturday, July 24, 2021 Check-in at 8:30 AM (Orientation at 9 AM; Written Test immediately following)Location: Hononegah Community High School - Library307 Salem StreetRockton, IL 61072
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, ALL materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline. You may wish to print this page for your records.
The Village of Rockton, IL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.