VILLAGE OF SHOREWOOD POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Village of Shorewood is now accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Shorewood Police Department.
Please read these application requirements carefully, paying particular attention to deadlines and required documents.
Salary Range: $68,467-$94,504 with competitive benefits package (health and dental insurance, life insurance, and supplemental insurance offered. Vacation, ten holidays and two personal days included each year.)
Sworn Police Officers: 32 full-time
Police Officer Minimum Requirements:
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee;
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license;
- Must be at least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age as of December 15th, 2021, unless exempt by Illinois State Statute 5/10-2.1-6;
- Must have obtained a high school diploma or GED certificate;
- Tattoo policy: No vulgar or offensive tattoos; no tattoos permitted on the face, neck or hands;
- Applicant must submit all required documents online by 4:00 PM CST on Friday, December 3rd, 2021. (NOTE: Applications are limited to the first 150 applications submitted (NOT PURCHASED) -OR- Applications submitted online by Friday, December 3rd, 2021 at 4:00 PM (CST), whichever occurs first, will be accepted.)
- Applicant must attend a mandatory orientation on Wednesday, December 15th, 2021 at 7:00 PM.
- Applicant must attend a mandatory written examination on Saturday, January 8th, 2022 at 9:00 AM.
Required Documents (to be submitted at time of application):
- Valid driver's license;
- Birth certificate;
- Social security card;
- High school diploma or G.E.D. certificate;
- If applicant has college credit, a copy of College or University Degree and Transcripts;
- If applicant has military service, a copy of Military Service Record Form DD-214;
- Failure to include all of the required documents upon submission of your application will render your application incomplete and will disqualify you.
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted as outlined above and received prior to the deadline.
The Village of Shorewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.