Round Lake Beach Police Department
Round Lake Beach, Illinois
The Board of Police Commissioners of the Village of Round Lake Beach, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Round Lake Beach Police Department.
- Medical, dental and life insurance
- Paid vacations
- Police pension
- Sick leave
Sworn Police Officers: 40
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Round Lake Beach:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions (or any misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude);
- Valid driver's license;
- Must be at least 21 years of age and be under the age of 35 (or meet the exemption set forth in the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners Act of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (65 ILCS5/10-2.1-6);
- High school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Have no felony or disqualifying misdemeanor convictions;
- There is no residency requirement;
- Must possess a valid POWER Test card, issued within 9 months of the application deadline date (October 11, 2021); This card must be issued through either NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, or Triton College;
- All candidates that pass the written exam will be required to attend a mandatory orientation. Date to be determined;
- Pay a $20.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Application Deadline: Monday, October 11, 2021 at 4 pm (CST).
Required documents (to be submitted at time of application):
- Valid driver’s license;
- Birth certificate;
- Social security card;
- High school diploma or GED certificate;
- P.O.W.E.R card or certificate issued within 9 months of the application deadline date (through NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, or Triton College);
- Military Service Record Form DD-214 (if applicable).
NOTE: Incomplete or defective applications will NOT be accepted and will disqualify the applicant.
A maximum of (5) preference points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Round Lake Beach for any one the following:
- Education: Persons who have successfully obtained an Associate's Degree in the field of law enforcement or criminal justice - OR - a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university. Copy of unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged. A copy of Form DD-214 (indicating status of discharge) must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Experience: Persons who have been awarded a certificate of successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course (Certified Illinois Police Officer). Copy of state-issued certification must be submitted with application to qualify.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Submit Application: Applicants must complete and submit all application materials by Monday, October 11, 2021 @ 4:00 pm (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
- Written Examination: Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing starting at 9 AM on Wednesday, October 20, 2021 through Friday, October 22, 2021 at 4 PM. The test will only be available during this time period. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process, along with further instructions for taking the on-line written exam. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
- Mandatory Orientation: All candidates that pass the written exam will be required to attend a mandatory orientation. Date to be determined.
A Study Guide for the written exam is available for purchase at the following website: https://www.applytoserve.com/Study/ It contains useful information for preparing to take the exam, including a sample practice test and sample test answer key to check your answers.
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline. The Village of Round Lake Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.