PLEASE NOTE: There is no fee for this application.
Libertyville Police Department
The Board of Police and Fire Commissioners of the Village of Libertyville, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Libertyville Police Department.
Starting Pay: $69,875
- Eighteen month probationary period
- Eligible for step increase to $72,036 after 6 months
- Eligible for step increases yearly through year seven topping out at $107,545 then at year 20 the pay is $108,482
- Current contract is under negotiation which could result in an increase in pay ranges
- Sick Leave
- Paid holidays, personal days
- Hospitalization, Medical/Surgical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Pension Program
- Wellness Program/Employee Fitness Center
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
Sworn Police Officers: 41
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Libertyville:
- U.S. citizenship;
- The following documents are accepted as proof of citizenship:
- Copy of US County/ State issued birth certificate (Note: Hospital-issued birth certificates are not verifiable, and therefore cannot be accepted)
- Copy of Valid US Passport
- Copy of Naturalization Papers
- No felony convictions (Note: a misdemeanor or serious traffic offense may also disqualify applicants from further consideration);
- Valid driver's license;
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision;
- Minimum of 21 years of age by the application deadline date (June 30, 2022);
- Be UNDER 35 years of age at the time of application and at such time as the initial eligibility list is posted, unless exempt from such age limitations as provided in Section 5/10.2 1-6 of the Fire and Police Commissioners Act;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Police academy may require all recruits who attend the academy to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the recruit has an approved religious or medical accommodation.
- Possess a valid POWER test card -OR- equivalent criteria as per the State standard, issued within 1 year prior to the date of the written exam (July 9, 2022);
- Applicants must present the POWER Test card NO LATER than the written exam date (July 9, 2022);
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by Thursday , June 30, 2022 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following:
Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process. NOTE: PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL SPAM FOLDER AS SOMETIMES EMAIL PROVIDERS (SUCH AS GMAIL, YAHOO, ETC.) SEND OUR EMAILS DIRECTLY TO SPAM.
Mandatory Written Examination Testing: Saturday, July 9, 2022*
Time(s) to be determined: Two testing sessions (one morning & one afternoon session) may be needed based on number of applicants.Location: Libertyville High School, 708 W. Park Ave., Libertyville, IL 60048 Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
The Village of Libertyville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of the Libertyville Police Department to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, and discipline.