PLEASE NOTE: There is no fee for this application.
Elmhurst Police Department
The Board of Police and Fire Commissioners of the City of Elmhurst, Illinois is accepting applications for Full Time Certified Police Officer Lateral Applicants with the Elmhurst Police Department.
Lateral Salary: 2022 - $91,856 (2 years experience) and $95,681 (3+ years experience); $112,627 contract top pay
Sworn Police Officers: 68
Current assigned shift schedules: 12 hour days
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the City of Elmhurst:
- Resident of the State of Illinois;
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision;
- Currently employed for at least two (2) years as a full-time, sworn law enforcement officer by a State, County, University, or local law enforcement agency. Applicants must be in good standing with the agency in which they served. (NOTE: Part-time certification does NOT meet this requirement);
- Must have completed the State of Illinois certified police officer training board requirements;
- Be a US citizen;
- Be at least 21 years old -AND- be under the age of 65 years old at time of hire, per ILCS Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioner's Act;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess a valid State of Illinois driver's license;
- Must agree to comply with all requirements of the position and have the ability to pass all examination and training requirements, including, but not limited to: background investigation, psychological, and medical examination, etc.;
- Applicants are not obligated to disclose expunged juvenile records of adjudication, arrest, or conviction as part of the application process;
- Ability to furnish upon request a copy of the following documents to the extent applicable: a resume, professional licenses, training certificates, naval or military service board or discharge papers (DD-214/Copy 4), documents confirming work experience, birth certificate, high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate, POWER Test card (no later than the time of interview-AND- issued within 12 months of the hire date), last two employee evaluations, two police reports demonstrating best work and any other employment related material as requested or required;
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by Monday, August 8, 2022 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Remote On-Line Written Examination: Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing starting at 9 AM on Thursday, August 18, 2022 through Monday, August 22, 2022 at 4 PM. The test will only be available during this time period. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process, along with further instructions for taking the on-line written exam. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
The City of Elmhurst is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of the Elmhurst Police Department to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, and discipline.