Addison Police Department
Lateral Police Officer Application
3/31/2023 4:00 PM
Warning: the deadline for this application expired
Stanard & Associates, Inc. administers the application process for the Village of Addison
Board of Police Commissioners, and the Village of Addison
Board of Police Commissioners retains authority over the application process and hiring of individuals. All
applicant information and application forms are the property of the Village of Addison
Board of Police Commissioners. Stanard & Associates, Inc. does not establish the qualification or eligibility
requirements, required application procedures, or related employment standards and procedures and is limited in addressing questions or requests for information in
Please Note: This application is for Lateral Transfer Police Officer applicants only.
Applicants must have previous experience as a police officer. Please read the requirements carefully.
Addison Police Department
The Board of Police Commissioners of the Village of Addison, Illinois is accepting lateral applications for the position of police officer with the Addison Police Department.
Salary: $81,902 - $92,181 (Depending on years of service - Maximum of five (5) years)
Top Patrol Officer Salary: $116,226
Sworn Police Officers: 68
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Addison:
- Status as a full-time sworn municipal police officer, state trooper, county Sheriff's deputy, or federal law enforcement officer in good standing with the current law enforcement agency in which he/she serves for no more than five (5) years;
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- Valid state-issued driver's license;
- Out of state applicants will be required to attend a State of Illinois certified Basic Law Enforcement Academy;
- Possess an Associate's Degree -OR- the equivalent of at least 60 credit hours at an accredited college, university or junior college (official transcripts will be required at the background investigation stage);
- No tattoos will be permitted unless they are covered by the appropriate uniform. This includes but is not limited to: hands, neck, and face;
- Has taken and passed such examinations as the Commission deems necessary to determine fitness for duty as a police officer;
- The application is free to all applicants.
Submission of Application
- Applications MUST be submitted online. Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
- Applications are being accepted on an on-going, continuous basis and will be reviewed at the time of a vacancy. Immediate openings are available.
The Village of Addison is an Equal Opportunity Employer.